14.10.12

What I've Learned So Far About the Oil Facial Cleansing Method


So what is this Oil Facial Cleansing Method jibber jabber and how does it work?

Step 1: Massage oil into face
Step 2: Steam face with hot cloth
Step 3: Rinse
Result: SO CLEEEEAN

At first you might think, Ew my face is oily enough I don't need to be lathering more on to it.
But consider your high school science teachings for a moment. What dissolves oil? ...

Oil!

Likes dissolves likes and that is one of the beauties about this method of facial cleansing. But what kind of oil you might wonder? Well I was just about to get to that.

The main ingredient in the Oil Cleansing Method is Castor Oil
This is the oil that will do all the dirty work. Castor oil, being an antibacterial oil, has strong cleansing properties and helps to clear dirt and debris from the skin and pores.


The second main ingredient in this method is the Carrier Oil
This is where it gets personal. Because castor oil is so thick and strong we need to dilute it with another oil {ex: Sunflower, Olive, Grapeseed or Jojoba} depending on which is going to work best for your skin. Consider the following:

Oil Skin - 30% Castor 70% Carrier mixture
Normal Skin - 20% Castor 80% Carrier mixture
Dry Skin - 10% Castor 90% Carrier mixture

I personally use Sunflower oil with a drop or two of lavender oil. You can add other essential oils as well to really customize the mixture. Add a few drops of tea tree oil if your skin is acne prone.


The Method {with a few more details}

Step 1: Massage the oil mixture all over your face for a couple minutes, enjoy it.
Step 2: Soak a soft wash cloth under hot water.
Step 3: Tilt your head back and lay the cloth over your face. Allow the steam to do its magic until the cloth is just warm-ish.
Step 4: Repeat step 2 and 3, but this time when the cloth has cooled down, give your face a good wipe {no need to scrub}
Step 5: Repeat steps 2-4 about three or four more times and then use a clean towel to pat the face dry.

So soft right?

I use this cleansing method about every other day, and just use warm water between washes.

Seriously, I haven't gone back to using soaps and facial cleansers since I found this method over a year ago. I recommend it to everybody, especially my friends with extra sensitive skin or acne prone skin.

Like a week after I started using it, some guy at my work told me my complexion looked really nice and asked if I was doing something different. No joke!

And you want to know what else I've learned? Castor Oil, before it was discovered in plants, it was extracted from beavers groin... {???}

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Well Grandma and Grandpa are hunting and trapping beavers right now (ewhhhhhh) soooooo if you need some beaver groin I am sure they can get ya some lol...... So looking for ward to seeing you next week my sweet. Love you.

    ReplyDelete