14.11.12

Favourites, a Mentoring Session and a New Lens

My favourite old school photographer died a long time ago back in the early 70s. Her name was Diane Arbus {that's dee-anne, not die-anne) and she took the most interesting, first-of-their-kind type photographs and was a bit of a pioneer in respect to her photographic career.


There's a likely chance you'd recognize her photos if you don't already recognize her name.

 © Diane Arbus
 © Diane Arbus
 © Diane Arbus
© Diane Arbus

My current favourite {living} photographer is Three Nails Photography or Hunter Leone and his wife Brittney. I was immediately drawn to them a few years ago as their style is exactly where I'd like see my own progress to in time to come. They're a lot more than just your regular ol' wedding photographers or couple photographers. They have a passion for what they make that shows through their photographs and their workshops and you can see that they don't just take pictures, they create art.

 © Three Nails Photography
 © Three Nails Photography
 © Three Nails Photography
© Three Nails Photography

Now for the big exciting news: I'm booked in December 3rd for an online mentoring session with Three Nails Photography!

I'm sooooooper excited about this. It should be a real treat and a big help in different respects regarding my new business and my photography itself.


On top of that awesomeness, I also have a new lens on order from Lens Baby and it should be coming in any day now. The lens I've ordered is called the Composer Pro + Sweet 35 optic and it takes some really shweet shots.


It's a tilt and swivel lens with a fully adjustable aperture ring from f/2.5 - f/22 and a focal length of 35mm. But you can read all about it if you're interested by following the link above.

So much to look forward to! In the mean time, I've got to get back to editing my own photos.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment