27.3.14

Gifts | Cordelia's Birthday Party

As I'm going through and editing these photos, I've been getting these great childhood flashbacks of the fun times we used to have at our birthday parties.

As a child we always look forward to our birthdays and the celebrations that come along with them, and every year is more and more exciting - we're getting older! It's not until we reach our early to mid twenties that some of us begin to hate our birthdays and even dread this inevitable day of the year.

I just think this is so weird, and so silly. It's such a privilege to grow old, one that a great many people don't ever get to experience. So since reaching this period of my life, I've been casting aside the common notion that birthdays are just another year closer to the end, and instead, holding on to the child-like anticipation of each birthday, looking forward to reaching another age milestone and knowing that with each year I'm growing older, I'm also growing wiser and more experienced.

~

I'm only blogging a portion of Cordelia's birthday session, as I really wanted to focus in on just one part of the party: the Gift opening!

Do you remember opening gifts as a child? These photos just might take you on a trip down memory lane - I know they did for me! So many mixes of emotion, so cute and innocent!


















Nap time!

1 comment:

  1. So awesome! Such a great idea to photograph kid's birthdays and these are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete