21.4.14

Natural Easter Egg Dye | a New Tradition


It's been years since I've dyed Easter Eggs! But keeping with the spirit of my New Years Resolution of Creating More Beautiful Things, and in hopes of starting a tradition that Sawyer will eventually be a part of, I'm giving Natural Egg Dye a go!


Coffee . Brown


Blueberries . Blueish Gray



Red Cabbage . Blue


Paprika . Faint Red Orange


Turmeric . Mustard Yellow


Beets . Dark Pink


I found the recipes on Better Homes & Gardens website:
http://www.bhg.com/holidays/easter/eggs/natural-easter-egg-dyes/?socsrc=bhgpin041114naturaleastereggdye&crlt.pid=camp.KjU41GrppHjJ


I left all my eggs to sit over night but I might do things a little differently next year. For instance the turmeric produced a VERY yellow egg. Had it sat for less time it likely would have been a nicer softer colour.


Letting them sit over night also produced a bit of a film on some of the eggs (red cabbage, blueberries). I used a scrubby and buffed it off which revealed a much softer colour, especially on the cabbage eggs.


Next year I think I'll dye two dozen eggs and give a few more recipes and colours a try!


No comments:

Post a Comment