27.4.15

the conscious cleanse . day six

DAY SIX

As I continue creating new healthy dishes each night, I find that I'm getting a little more creative and possibly a little more talented in the kitchen. Dan gave tonight's dinner a five star rating! He's still raving about it even as I type this from my iPhone in bed.

 
We made Greek chicken and veggie kabobs and a mixed greens balsamic salad. It was so good I nearly forgot to get a picture of it before it was all ate! I marinated the chicken in this delicious Greek and basil pesto mixture for a few hours:

Marinade:
- 1 1/2 tbs basil pesto (I used classico)
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- sea salt and pepper
- garlic salt
- pinch of oregano
- onion salt
- squeeze of lemon


I used asparagus, tomatoes, red peppers and a couple carrots for the kabob veggies. And the greens salad had cucumber, tomato, almonds, kiwis, chickpeas and leftover quinoa/rice/lentil mixture. 

 For dessert I made this coconut flour brownie dish that was super healthy, sprinkled with hemp hearts and cashews, sweetened with honey, I'm bringing two big slices with me on my road trip tomorrow.


Could definitely get used to eating this way! Sawyer also approved. I'm going to do my best the next two days to stick to the cleanse as much as possible while I visit my bestie Juice and her little family in the city. She's going to do my hair and I'm going to do some lifestyle photos for her and the girls! Six forty-five am will come early when it's 2:26 am... I think I'll have to cheat a bit once I get on the road, there's no way I can make that 2 hour drive without my coffee.


xoxo
 - ash

No comments:

Post a Comment