21.10.16

Treating Hives with Essential Oils | Young Living | Holistic Healing


When I was sixteen, I mysteriously contracted chronic hives for about 6 months. We never did find out exactly what caused them, but I do know it found me in the hospital on Valentines day evening, after eating suicide wings at Boston Pizza. The hives were so bad that night I literally looked like Will Smith in the movie "Hitch." My face and throat swelled up so much I had to go in and get a shot of antihistamines right in the ass cheek.

Fast forward ten years and here I am sitting with these mysterious itchy hives on my legs and hips again. Not near as powerful as my teenage hives, but certainly just as annoying. Back then I would have smothered myself in the pink goo that is calamine lotion (God knows what's in that stuff) But today I look for a safer and equally as powerful option than the later.

Welcome Lavender and Thieves Oil...



Two of my favourites, seriously powerful and they both smell amazing.

Lavender oil is incredibly nourishing and healing to the skin. You can use this stuff directly on cuts, bruises, bites and it may reduce swelling and pain. It can be used with a carrier oil like coconut or jojoba, and used to treat other skin ailments. Such as sunburns, and hives.

Thieves oil has an incredibly unique and comforting scent, so it's never a sad day when your recipe calls for this stuff (which is actually pretty often - it's a super versatile oil) A blend of cinnamon, rosemary, clove, lemon and eucalyptus oils, was inspired by a legend of thieves who used the blend to avoid contracting diseases while out galavanting in mid century France robbing the dead.

W H A T   T O   D O

Step 1.
Rub a generous amount of carrier oil into your hands.

Step 2.z
Drop about 2-4 drops each of lavender and thieves oil into palms.

Step 3.
Massage into skin affected by the hives.

. . .

I've read you can also use frankincense, basil and helichrysum oil for hive relief, which I may have to explore and compare potency.


If you're interested in getting your hands on these therapeutic grade oils, you've got a couple options. You can purchase them online as a retail customer, or you can sign up for a wholesale membership with Young Living and order their Starter Kit (which includes 11 oils in total, an electric diffuser and many more goodies) at nearly half off retail price and a 24% discount on all purchases. There are no fees, no monthly purchase or sale requirements, which makes it a hot damn of a good deal.


I began using essential oils in 2015 as another way I could bring holistic wellness and healing into my home and lifestyle. I quickly fell in love with the multitude of powerful benefits and now enjoy sharing my recipes and experience with oils on this little space I've claimed in the cloud.

- A

- d i s c a l i m e r -

As you likely know, I am not a doctor or medical professional and I encourage you to consult with one in regards to your medical concerns. All opinions are my own, and I do not make recommendations unless I have the personal experience to back it up with. As with all health and wellness information you read online, I encourage you to do you own research and be reminded that what works for one, may not work the same for another.

No comments:

Post a Comment