I don't normally put up recipes or posts about cooking - probably because I'm not the most fantastic chef in the world - but I felt compelled to share this recipe!
I had a major chocolate craving last night and I just so happen to have a Hersheys bar from a photo shoot I'd done earlier and one little lonely zucchini in my fridge. Since I only had the one I halfed the recipe, but I'll post the full recipe as you'll be happy you've got a bigger batch once you try them.
Adapted from the lovely Cookie + Kate's recipe
- 2 cups of zucchini
- 1/2 cup organic virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup organic whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup of chocolate of your choice
- Crushed almonds * optional
Preheat your oven to 350˚
Grease an 8" square baking pan
Grate your zucchini and soak up some of the moisture with paper towel
Beat your wet ingredients in a large bowl and then stir in the zucchini
Stir your dry ingredients in a small bowl
Stir your dry ingred. in with the wet and then add the chocolate (mine was milk choc)
Throw it in the pan and sprinkle on some crushed nuts
Bake for about 30-32 minutes, and then let cool.



These look delicious!! Im going to make them soon!!
ReplyDeletexo
alycia
alyciamealy.blogspot.com
So awesome you put one of my buttons up! ! If you ever want to link up or guest post email me ! alyciamealy@hotmail.com
ReplyDeletexo
That would be awesome, I'd love to! :) I'll be in touch!
Delete